Dynasty Power trades electricity and gas across North America. Dynasty is active in all the major power trading markets including CAISO, Ontario IESO, ISO-NE, NYISO, PJM, MISO, SPP, AESO, and ERCOT.
The candidate will be responsible for proprietary East Power and Natural Gas trading with a concentration in Ontario and Northeastern US.
This position is located in our Calgary office.
- Manage the proprietary trading, analysis, and pricing related to Ontario and Northeastern US
- Help grow the Canadian trading business in general
- Work with other members of the desk to share market knowledge and views
- Work with Origination to price and manage structured deals
- Work with Mid-Office to verify daily P&L and position movement
- Degree from a leading university with a concentration in Economics, Business, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics
- 3+ years of trading experience in physical and financial power
- Experience trading financial and physical power in Ontario and Northeastern US
- Demonstrated knowledge of power and gas fundamentals in the East/Northeast markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of market rules and tariffs of RTO/ISOs in the Eastern Interconnect
- Self-motivated and has the desire to achieve success in a rapidly evolving high-pressure trading environment
- Proprietary trading experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong statistical skills are desirable
- Programming experience is desirable (Python, VBA, SQL)
- Data Science skills are desirable (Tableau, R, Power BI)
Dynasty Power offers a dynamic work environment, a full benefits package, a competitive base, and the best incentive plan in the industry.