Dynasty Power trades electricity and gas across North America. Dynasty is active in all the major power trading markets including CAISO, IESO, ISO-NE, NYISO, PJM, MISO, SPP, AESO, and ERCOT.
The role is a key role for the gas trading desk, focusing on driving the value on the short-term optimization and analysis. The individual will drive the supply and demand fundamentals analysis and modelling in North American gas markets in order to produce meaningful and strategic reports.
This position is located in our Calgary office.
- Develop and maintain various gas models
- Develop and innovate fundamentals reports
- Ensure modelling and reporting consistency
- Understanding of the Trading Desk requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Finance, or Economics or related fields
- An outstanding academic record
- Proven experience in an analytical role within the North American energy markets
- Proven experience in a Fundamentals Analyst role for gas market
- Experience in building statistical forecasting models using a National Supply Stack model, a Demand forecasting model and a stochastic pricing engine in Gas and Power markets
- Excel, SQL, and Python or other programming skills and a working capacity to use statistical software packages such as Tableau and R