Dynasty Power trades electricity across North America. Dynasty is active in all the major power trading markets including CAISO, IESO, ISO-NE, NYISO, PJM, MISO, SPP and ERCOT.
Dynasty Power is looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has a strong desire to grow within the company to fill a new junior power analyst role. We are looking for a self starter looking to thrive in a high paced ever changing environment. Analyzing large amounts of data and keeping a pulse on the 24hr power markets are some key roles of the position. Communicating market information to the senior traders on the desk and working in a team environment are some of the critical elements of this position.
- Analyze data to look for profitable trading strategies
- Develop custom analysis and modelling for power trading. Proficiency in programming language is required.
- Understanding of risk and reward, previous trading experience in any market is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematical Sciences including Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related fields
- An outstanding academic record
- Passion for trading, financial derivatives and financial data analysis considered an asset
- Strong programming experience and knowledge of SQL and VBA/Excel
- Proficiency in another programming language considered an asset
- Strong statistical and quantitative analysis abilities
- Strong communications, multi-tasking and time management skills