Dynasty Power is seeking a highly motivated meteorologist to join their expanding team in Calgary, Alberta. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science who is self-motivated and able to learn and work independently in a fast paced environment. Duties will include (but not limited to) short, medium and long term weather forecasts for areas in the United States and Canada as well as electricity demand and renewable energy production (Wind, Hydro, Solar) forecasting for specific areas, some of which may involve building or updating existing models.
Dynasty Power is a privately held power and natural gas trading firm that trades financially, physically, and virtually across North America. Dynasty is active in the following ISO/ RTOs:
- (PJM) Pennsylvania / New Jersey / Maryland
- (MISO) Midwest Independent System Operator
- (ERCOT) Electric Reliability Council of Texas
- (IESO) Ontario Independent System Operator
- (AESO) Alberta Electric Operator
- (SPP) Southwest Power Pool
- (NYISO) New York Independent System Operator
- (ISO-CASIO) ISO California
- (ISO-NE) ISO New England
- An undergraduate degree in meteorology or atmospheric science or equivalent with higher degrees considered an asset.
- Understanding of weather models and how to use them as a weather forecasting tool.
- Energy load and weather forecasting experience outside school considered an asset.
- Strong programming skills in Python, R, SQL database queries, and Linux operating system.
- Wind, Solar and Hydro forecasting experience considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the WRF model considered an asset
Contact Matthew Corkum (email@example.com) for additional information.
Dynasty Power is an equal opportunity employer.
Dynasty Power offers comprehensive benefits, competitive compensation, and the best incentive plan in the industry.